I was tagged by Susan:
"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? I was planning my wedding to my wonderful hubby, John.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? 1. Finish folding the laundry 2. Put said laundry away. 3. Finish the front of my ribbed pullover. 4. Get to bed before 11. 5. Take a long, hot shower and relax.
3) Snacks I enjoy: Snickers, BBQ chips, skittles, peanut butter crackers, Reese's pieces.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Oh my gosh, where to begin?!?!? First off, I'd pay off all our debt!!! I'd set up trust funds for my son and daughter and my nieces and nephews. I'd finally be able to afford to go back to law school. And I'd make sure we take a fabulous vacay every year.
5) Places I have lived: I was born in South Carolina; and thus far, I've lived in New Orleans; Toledo, Oh; Los Angeles; Baltimore; Port Royal, SC; Columbia, SC; Atlanta and Greensboro, NC.
6) Jobs I have had: I don't think I can remember all of them, but here goes. My first job was at Burger King when I was 16; then my freshman year of college, I was one of those annoying kids calling alumnae for donations; during the next 2 summers, I worked at a dry cleaner; I had a work-study job in the Anthropology dept; I had another work-study in Fin Aid; I tutored with Upward Bound; I was a manager of a linen store; I worked at a summer camp; I worked at a Marriott; I worked at Taco Bell; Nationsbank as a teller; Circuit City call center; Sprint; and currently I'm an admin at a pharmaceutical company. WHEW!! In my defense, I'm 36 and most of those were seasonal jobs while I was in school.
7) Bloggers I am tagging who you will enjoy getting to know better:
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
I was tagged by Susan:
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
The bedeviling center cable
Lesson learned: Make sure that what comes off your needles looks like what your reading off the paper; don't just blindly follow the pattern (or what you think the pattern is saying). Here's the front 3/4 of the sweater....
Monday, May 12, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Sunday, May 4, 2008
So, backtrack to Thursday. I realize that I will need one more skein of yarn to finish my sweater. I ask Dear Hubby if he wouldn't mind picking it up for me from http://www.knitpickyyarns.com/ since he was working in Winston-Salem that day. No problem, he came home with the yarn, it was all good, right?
Weeeeell, Friday afternoon he sends me a text at work asking my bust size. Now knowing my hubby like I do (he's crazy!!) I ask what he needs this information for. He says that he and another male manager are buying a shirt for one of his employees that got promoted; they don't know what size to get; and she's about my size. Ok, good enough, I give him the info and think nothing of it.
Fast forward to about 9:00 pm. Me and the kids just finished wathcing "Enchanted" (lovely movie) and I was corralling them into bed. Hubby gets home, we're talking (you know...How was your day? What'd you do?, etc, etc.) When all of a sudden, he says "Ooh, I've got to show you something downstairs." Ok, I'm game...we go downstairs and THIS is on my table:
Yep, BIG green bag from Knit Picky!!!!
I am STOKED!!!! He makes me wait till we get back upstairs to see what's inside:
That's Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino Collection:
13 skeins of baby llama!!!!!! for a sweater
I adore this yarn...it's so soft I couldn't keep my hands off of it and the color is gorgeous!! Thanks, so much Kim for helping him out and giving him a crash course in Yarnlove 101...LOL!!!
My baby said that he did all this because of the night I was telling him about different yarns, fibers and I told him that I wanted to make something out of cashmere or alpaca!!! I talked about it here: http://queendbw.blogspot.com/2008/03/quick-and-sweet.html Well, it stayed with him!!! He planned to buy me enough cashmere for a sweater, he quickly realized that just wasn't in our budget...LOL!!! Kim helped him pick out the baby llama and it is PERFECT!! I am currently practicing project monogamy, so I need to finish my Ribbed Cable Pullover pronto. That being said, I'm all out of time. Y'all have a good night!!