Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Love This Man!!!!

So, backtrack to Thursday. I realize that I will need one more skein of yarn to finish my sweater. I ask Dear Hubby if he wouldn't mind picking it up for me from http://www.knitpickyyarns.com/ since he was working in Winston-Salem that day. No problem, he came home with the yarn, it was all good, right?

Weeeeell, Friday afternoon he sends me a text at work asking my bust size. Now knowing my hubby like I do (he's crazy!!) I ask what he needs this information for. He says that he and another male manager are buying a shirt for one of his employees that got promoted; they don't know what size to get; and she's about my size. Ok, good enough, I give him the info and think nothing of it.

Fast forward to about 9:00 pm. Me and the kids just finished wathcing "Enchanted" (lovely movie) and I was corralling them into bed. Hubby gets home, we're talking (you know...How was your day? What'd you do?, etc, etc.) When all of a sudden, he says "Ooh, I've got to show you something downstairs." Ok, I'm game...we go downstairs and THIS is on my table:

Yep, BIG green bag from Knit Picky!!!!


I am STOKED!!!! He makes me wait till we get back upstairs to see what's inside:



Details........


That's Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino Collection:


...AND.....

13 skeins of baby llama!!!!!! for a sweater


I adore this yarn...it's so soft I couldn't keep my hands off of it and the color is gorgeous!! Thanks, so much Kim for helping him out and giving him a crash course in Yarnlove 101...LOL!!!

My baby said that he did all this because of the night I was telling him about different yarns, fibers and I told him that I wanted to make something out of cashmere or alpaca!!! I talked about it here: http://queendbw.blogspot.com/2008/03/quick-and-sweet.html Well, it stayed with him!!! He planned to buy me enough cashmere for a sweater, he quickly realized that just wasn't in our budget...LOL!!! Kim helped him pick out the baby llama and it is PERFECT!! I am currently practicing project monogamy, so I need to finish my Ribbed Cable Pullover pronto. That being said, I'm all out of time. Y'all have a good night!!

6 comments:

Janet Richards said...

I would have fainted - what a gem of a husband! And the yarn is soooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see your finished sweater!

The Crafty One said...

Again Wow!

Virtuous said...

SHUT UP!! Gurl I LUV him! ROTFL!! ;op

I wouldn't have been able to make it up stairs without looking! It wouldn't even happened!

You are one lucky Queen indeed with a wonderful KING!!!

Now go tell him CrimsonPurl needs him to find a snookums like him for her too! ;op Haha!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy that you liked what we picked out for you! It was SO much fun shopping with him. I can't wait to see the sweater when you're done - you'll have to come in and model it for us!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I popped over from Ravelry and read this post - too sweet! That's a fantastic gift...what fun...

Knit Picky said...

You have a great guy!! We enjoyed meeting him at Knit Picky and I can't wait to see your sweater. That color is amazing and so is your hubby.